Out of The Woods Foundation Scholarship in Memory of Jessica Woods Marchionda
$1,000 to be awarded to one or more applicants per year.
Scholarship will be granted for an individual who is battling and/or surviving cancer or a life changing illness. The scholarship is intended for those enrolled in a college, university, technical or trade school. Recipient will be selected by the officers of The Out of The Woods Foundation and will be based on applicants’ personal story and desire to further their education.
- The applicant must be a resident of Allegheny, Beaver, Lawrence or Butler County in the State of Pennsylvania.
- The applicant must attend a college/university/technical school in the state of Pennsylvania.
- The applicant must be a cancer patient, survivor, or have been diagnosed with a life changing illness but does not have to be currently receiving treatment to qualify.
- The applicant must be enrolled in or accepted for enrollment in an accredited undergraduate or graduate school.
- The Fund requires the recipient of a scholarship to submit a copy of an acceptance letter from the college/university/technical school of their choice, or a letter of good standing from the registrar.
- The applicant must submit two letters of recommendation from two different academic teachers addressing why they should receive the scholarship.
- A letter from your attending physician verifying your medical history and current medical situation must also be submitted. Medical information will be kept confidential and will only be used to support the qualification of consideration for the scholarship.
- The applicant must submit an essay (250-500 words) discussing how their diagnosis has affected their life goals and careers.
- The applicants and their parents, if they are minors, must sign a release, that they agree to have their name and photograph published in the news media or Out of The Woods Foundation publication as a recipient of the Out of The Woods Foundation scholarship, and that they will make every effort to attend any public functions sponsored by The Out of the Woods Foundation, such as golf outings, bowling events, etc.
- Application is open from May 1, 2017 until September 20, 2017.
- Application can be downloaded from our website at www.outofthewoodsfoundation.org filled out and submitted for consideration at: Out of The Woods Foundation, 4 Revere Road, Rosslyn Farms, PA 15106, or firstname.lastname@example.org